Who Are We?
Lincolnshire Training Hub was formed following an initiative from Health Education England (now NHS England) to assist with workforce transformation in Primary Care. We work across Lincolnshire with our partner organisations Lincolnshire ICB, the Lincolnshire ICS, Lincolnshire LMC and the PCN Alliance, as well as universities and other stakeholders across the East Midlands to promote primary care as a first-choice career destination.
Lincolnshire Training Hub aims to meet the following ten objectives:
Primary Care Workforce Planning
1. Support PCNs and their provider partners to undertake effective workforce planning to inform ICS, regional and national workforce plans
2. As part of working with ICS/ICBs to support delivery of their people functions
Education and Training
3. Deliver a consistent training opportunity across primary care and professions to support the achievement of population health and learner needs
4. Provide and/or support education and training
5. Actively work with practices and PCNs to develop placement opportunities, and with educational providers to find placements which meet the needs of learners and programmes
6. Work with educational providers and HEE quality team(s) to ensure all placements meet the appropriate professional standards required and are aligned to the HEE quality framework, enabling learners to develop the capabilities required.
7. Ensure funding secured through HEE is appropriately used for primary care education and training infrastructure, and is overseen by effective governance
8. Establish appropriate and flexible primary care education infrastructure, which includes leadership, educator, and programme management roles
Communication and Stakeholder Management
9. Have a clear and proactive communication strategy that articulates the HEE vision for Primary Care ICS Training Hubs
Development of Systems
10. Ensure that the appropriate resources are in place and supported, to provide a level of education and training, in a consistent manner, for primary care