1st October Closing date for applications for funding for Trainee Nursing Associate apprenticeships: January 2022 intake
Applications are now open for Trainee Nursing Associate Apprenticeships in General Practice!
Lincolnshire Training Hub and the University of Lincoln are offering Lincolnshire Primary Care Networks the fantastic opportunity to upskill their existing Healthcare Assistants or to recruit new staff to become NMC registered Nursing Associates.
– ARRS funding to cover 2-year full-time TNA salary
– University education fully funded
– £8,000 Training Grant for employers
– Levy transfer may also be available or £750.00 employer contribution (Contact LTH for further information)
Apprentice Career Benefits:
– Learn new skills and expand existing knowledge with evidence-based learning
– Follow a comprehensive and professional nursing career path within general practice
– Become an NMC accountable Healthcare Practitioner
Benefits to Practices and PCNs:
– Organisations that invest in training and career development have increased staff retention.
– The Nursing Associate training model provides opportunities for practices and PCNs to shape and mould individuals to fit into developing teams.
– Nursing Associates provide additional nursing team capacity in areas such as cervical cytology screening, immunisations and management of chronic disease, aiding achievement of QOF targets whilst improving quality and standardisation of patient care
The apprenticeship will start in January 2022. It will be full-time over 2 years. It combines education with work-based learning, involving part-time level 5 study at university and practice placements. A typical week for the apprentice will involve 3 days based at their normal workplace, 1 day at university and 1 day on placement or insight visits.
Apprentice commitments: – The individual must be able to commit to a 37.5 hour working week with additional personal study. They must be able to travel county-wide to attend placements, insight days and university study. They will have fixed holiday periods for the 2 years.
Entry and Qualification Requirements: – The individual must be employed full time in a relevant role. They must hold a minimum of a Grade C/4 GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent level 2 qualification such as functional skills.
LTH Recruitment and ongoing Support Package: – Sample adverts, job descriptions and employment contract available – LTH can also assist with all phases of the recruitment process including helping to shortlist and interview applicants – LTH also provides ongoing support for TNAs post recruitment whilst on the University programme – LTH also offers a preceptorship programme for newly qualified Nursing Associates.
To apply for funding, please complete the application form below.