How to interpret a 12 lead ECG (for the beginner) 4 hr session Cohort 2
Suitable for GPs, practice nurses, advanced nurse practitioners, clinical pharmacists and paramedics.
2x2hr sessions (14/09/2023 and 21/09/2023-5pm-7pm)
Kevin McGibbon, Cardia Expert Nurse presents 9 modules on how to interpret a 12 lead ECG:
- Anatomy and physiology of the heart
- 12 lead ECG theory and application
- 12 lead ECG format
- Cardiac axis
- Heart rhythm recognition
- Bundle branch block
- 12 lead ECG diagnosis of myocardial infarction
- Imitators of ST elevation
- Case scenarios – Kevin will provide participants with anonymised patient details and clinical presentation and an associated ECG. You should then be able to define the cardiac axis, describe the heart rate and rhythm and the likely diagnosis.
Kevin will go through the answers with you after every 5 case scenarios.
Modules 1-8 will take around 3 hours then a further 1 hour for working through the 35 case scenarios.
This includes a 5-minute question/rest break between modules and a 10-minute break before the case scenarios.
At the end of and during each module Kevin will be available to answer any questions via live messaging.
Following completion of all modules and case scenarios, participants will be sent a CPD certificate of attendance for their records.
The link to the session will be sent directly to each attendee, following registration on Eventbrite in advance of the session.
ECG Webinar (2 x 2hr sessions)
14 September 2023 and 21 September 2023 at 1700-1900Hrs
ECG Webinar session Cohort 1 (s1 x 4hr session)
15 September 2023 at 1300-1700Hrs