Supporting Mentors Scheme
Lincolnshire Training Hub is offering a mentoring service, led by a cohort of senior, experienced GPs and available to all GPs in the locality. The bespoke service is ideal for those who would like to benefit from the wisdom and experiences of senior GP colleagues. The mentoring is tailored to suit around the needs of individual mentees, with flexibility around the frequency, duration and number of sessions of mentoring.
Through this service, mentees can benefit from:
- Career guidance – whether you’re returning from a career break, undertaking salaried or sessional work, considering partnership or have recently become a new partner, our mentors can offer their advice on how to maximise your potential in your role
- Advice on how to develop in your clinical environment, develop resilience and foster a healthy work – life balance
- Access to the knowledge and experience of senior, experienced GPs
Mentors can benefit from:
- Connecting with, and giving back, to junior colleagues
- Sharing your experiences to support other GPs to embed into the local primary care landscape
- Paid portfolio working opportunity (up to one session per week)
- Personal development through enhanced communication, developing mentoring skills, shared learning with mentees and specific related training
- Funded, recognised mentoring qualification
For more information on becoming a mentor or being mentored, please contact GP mentorship leads firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Are you interested in becoming a GPN Mentor?
This role involves mentoring new to practice GPN fellows, those within the first year of qualification. Mentoring return to practice nurses into a GP Placement. Undertaking training organised by Lincolnshire Training Hub. Active participation in peer support and learning, as well as feedback and quality assurance, on a regular basis.
You will receive monthly review sessions where you can debrief and feedback/seek peer support, WhatsApp Group with mentors where you can seek support and guidance. Named lead for any concerns or queries that arise and the opportunity for an external coaching and mentoring qualification.
If this is something you would like to be involved in, please apply in writing with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information can be found in the poster.
Practice Supervisor and Practice Assessor Training (Previously Mentorship)
Online training available for all healthcare professionals covering supervision and assessment of students undertaking NMC validated programmes (Nursing, Midwifery, Trainee Nursing Associates, Prescriber Preparation etc)
- New to a Practice Supervisor role – 2hours (Suitable for all registered healthcare professionals regardless of professional body when supervising students undertaking NMC validated programme)
- New to a Practice Assessor and Supervisor role – 2 Days (Can be shorter depending on group size)
- Conversion of Mentorship qualification to Practice Assessor and Practice Supervisor – 2hours
Upon completion you will be able to supervise or assess students undertaking NMC validated programmes in practice whilst on placement.
To register your interest and book a session please email Bethany Robinson-Benstead on email@example.com
Dates and timings of the training can be flexible to meet your availability, please get in touch to organise a time that suits you.